[mythtv-users] On the verge of giving up

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Sep 23 23:44:33 UTC 2007

On Sun, Sep 23, 2007 at 03:43:54PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> At which point people can spend hundreds of hours re-learning how to do
> everything they've spend the last 12+ years learning to do with
> Windows/Windows applications so they can save $150/5yrs or so by using
> GNU/Linux and FOSS.

Or, alternatively, they can relearn all that stuff because Windows
Vista and Office 2007 are 100.0% completely different from the versions
they replace.

I make a living handling such problems for people for money; believe
me, the only cost of running Windows isn't *remotely* the sale price of
the OS.

Our Unix and Linux clients?

We never touch their boxes.  Literally.  I might get 3 or 4 calls a
year per client, in a bad year.

Thank ghod for me the clients *want* to run Windows; I'd be poor.

Cheers,
-- jr 'oh, wait' a