[mythtv-users] Should I use LVM on this new raid?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 13:08:50 UTC 2007

> I've not hit performance that horrible.  ZFS is expecting to be in
> charge of the raw devices, so if you fed it an already-set-up raid
> array then that was likely your issue.

I agree that was probably part of the issue maybe if I get some time I
will stick a raw drive in a machine and see how that performs. I am
not sure at this point that I could do any native raidz testing as I
do not have any servers at work with 3 or more drive bays free.The
issue could also have  to do with xen. Although I was running on dom0
(real machine and hardware) I have dom0 capped at 768MB of memory
instead of the 4GB that the machine has so perhaps zfs-fuse needs more
than that to operate  efficiently.

John