[mythtv-users] M2NPV-VM (Surround) Sound not working

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 09:43:57 UTC 2007

Hi,

I finally got all the parts for a new mythbox. I installed everything
and it looks really good.

but the sound on Asus M2NPV-VM is not working.

When I watch recordings, I have only stereo sound (or even mono)  and
as soon I change volume, the sound is  totally gone. I can only
rmmod/modprobe snd_hda_intel to get it back.

When I watch LiveTV, it is even worse, because I get except a movie
sound on the front speaker a very high terrible sound (like from the
dog whistle) from rear-left speaker. And if change volume, the sound
is totally gone again.

I tried using "options snd_hda_intel position_fix=1 model=3stack", but
it did not help.

I know that many users here this motherboard and I hope to "hear" some advices.

Kernel: 2.6.22.6

Thanks a lot.

M.