[mythtv-users] MythPhone and audio quality

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 23 05:31:10 UTC 2007

I've been messing around with MythPhone and I got it
to work somewhat. I signed up with FWD and ipkall. I
entered my information in mythphone setup and then
went to place a test call to using 613. The ringtone
sounds clear but the voice that comes on after
answering sounds all crackly with hissing etc then it
hangs me up. I also tried the CallMe on FWD and it
sounds the same way. I also tried using my cell phone
and I couldn't hear anything. I installed twinkle on
FC6 x86_64 from atrpms and twinkle works without any
issues. My sound is set to ALSA:default in mythtv.
Also I have an ATI TV Wonder card that has a loop back
cable. Does this mean I'll need a second sound card to
make both of them work -- i.e., a second one for the
mic.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix my issue in mythphone?