[mythtv-users] Master Backend video cards show not connected

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Sun Sep 23 01:04:23 UTC 2007

I just added a PVR-500 to my slave back end yesterday. Since then the
master backend is showing the two PVR-150's that I have in it as remote
and not connected.  The PVR-150's worked well until the PVR-500's were
put in.  One other thing I noticed is that the PVR-150's have taken on
the name (Master) instead of the host name of the server.  Master is the
special name I gave my front end that is on the master back end.  I have
had the name of master for my front end on the master back end for a few
months already without any issue.

IVTV info
Master backend info
IVTV info
[root at mythtv
<http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users> ~]# rpm -qa |
grep ivtv
ivtv-kmdl-2.6.22.4-65.fc7-1.0.2-134.fc7
ivtv-firmware-20070217-13.at
perl-Video-ivtv-0.13-8.fc7
ivtv-1.0.2-134.fc7

Kernel Info
2.6.22.4-65.fc7

Slave backend info
IVTV Info
[root at mythtv2
<http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users> etc]# rpm -qa
| grep ivtv
ivtv-firmware-20070217-13.at
ivtv-kmdl-2.6.22.4-65.fc7-1.0.2-134.fc7
ivtv-1.0.2-134.fc7
perl-Video-ivtv-0.13-8.fc7

[root at mythtv ~]# /bin/dmesg |grep Initialized
ivtv0: Initialized Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150, card #0
ivtv1: Initialized Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150, card #1
[root at mythtv ~]#

As you can see the cards do show up just fine in the config.

I also checked my messages log file upon reboot of the master server and
the PVR-150 cards load fine without any errors.  It just appears that
the master backend does not know they exist because it thinks they are
on a remote backend for some reason.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

believed to be clean.