[mythtv-users] saa7134

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 15:20:02 UTC 2007

On 9/22/07, Alan Calvert <cal at graggrag.com> wrote:
> I'm playing around with a couple of old FlyVideo 3000 (saa7134) cards.
> In a backend, they give good (for SD) picture, but no sound no way.
> In a slave frontend, myth gets no further than 'Tuner 9 is unavailable",
> despite excellent pictures+sound in mplayer, tvtime et al.
>
> I've read & tried just about everything google-able on saa7134's, so I
> think my real question here is, in the last six months or so, has anyone
> out there actually managed to get pics+sound from an saa7134 with mythtv?
> (current svn trunk that is).

I am using a saa7134 card in my slave backend/frontend with
0.20-fixes.  Details on it are at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/KWorld_Global_TV_Terminator.  I
had a little problem running the backend the normal way "service
mythbackend start" so I put it in my myth_load.sh start up file.  I
also unmute in there.

    # Launch backend
    mythbackend -l ~mythtv/mythbackend.log &

    # Launch myth frontend
    killall mythfrontend
    mythfrontend -l ~mythtv/mythfrontend.log &

    # Unmute V4L card
    v4lctl setattr mute off

Works fine for me.  I use it for the remote and my 4th tuner which
records once or twice a week.

Hope this helps.