[mythtv-users] nvidia-settings vs Display control panel vs screen resolution settings
Steven C. Brown
steve at referentia.com
Fri Sep 21 21:23:26 UTC 2007
I have been using mythtv successfully for a couple of years now, but
everytime I rebuild I run into a similar question...
I am currently running MythDora 4.0, Celeron 1.3, MX4400, out through
vga to an LCD tv.
I can change screen settings in the following ways:
1. nvidia-settings (not saving to xorg.conf)
2. nvidia-settings (saving to xorg.conf)
3. the display control panel
4. the screen resolution panel
5. editing xorg.conf by hand
As it stands now, each of these show slightly different possibilities
for resolution and other settsings.
What is the difference?
More information about the mythtv-users