[mythtv-users] Adding HDHomeRun... lineup question

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 21:19:39 UTC 2007

I've ordered an HDHomeRun to add to my current system.  I've been
reading lots of pages on the HDHR and haven't quite figured out how
this is going to fit into my setup.  Here's what I currently have:

2 Schedule Direct Lineups:
1: Cable: Setup with only the channels I get through the cable without
the cable box
2: Digital Cable: All channels available in my cable package (no HD channels).

Backend:
2 IVTV cards hooked to analog cable with "Cable" lineup
1 IVTV card hooked to my cable box with "Digital Cable" lineup
Frontend/Slave backend:
1 saa7134 card hooked to analog cable with "Cable" lineup.

So I plan to try the 2 HDHR tuners on QAM which I think will have some
HD and SD digital channels.  The channels available here will not
correspond to either of my lineups... In my Digital lineup I do not
have the HD channels selected since my SD cable box won't receive
them.  It seems that I need another "Digital Cable" lineup that just
contains what I pick up on QAM but it doesn't look like I can have
more than one Digital lineup on SD...

Can someone explain how I need to set this up?

18 months ago I had a 1 tuner Tivo... now I am a few days away from a
6 tuner Myth system... that's progress!