[mythtv-users] ivtv settings and recording with mythtv

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Sep 21 21:12:35 UTC 2007

robl wrote:
> Mike Perkins wrote:
>>
>> Are you sure you have configured this as the right type of card? The first field
>> in the Mthtv-setup->Capture Cards screen is a combo box. You should have cycled
>> it to the setting "MPEG-2 Encoder Card (PVR-x50, PVR-500)". Then go to the
>> bottom and choose "Tuner 1". Hit Finish and you should be good to go.
>>

> So my question still stands, how do I tell mythtv which output to set on
> the PVR-350 when it initiates a recording ?

Your question is confusing. Do you mean which *input* the PVR-350 card should
use to receive the transmission on? If so, refer my note above, "Tuner 1". If
you mean how to get the output out from your PVR-350 to your TV, that's set up
on another page. If you don't mean that, your (video) output will come out your
graphics card.

If none of the above applies, you most likely either found a bug (unlikely) or
your particular hardware configuration (by which I mean the actual selection of
hardware items you chose) is the problem.

Mike Perkins