[mythtv-users] Hardcode Closed Caption (teletext) into video frame before writing to mpeg.

Bill techbill at stlaware.com
Fri Sep 21 04:19:05 UTC 2007

Yes Caption data are saved in the mpeg using happauge because I can
extract them into srt file using ccextrator with no problem but it seem
that Happauge or the IVTV driver are not using standard Line21 to save
the CC date in mpeg file because none of the mpeg player with build in
caption decoder are seeing the caption data in the mpeg file. And the
same mpeg player are able to decode and play the Caption from DVD disc.

Windows dub hrmm I will have to google on this one and see if that
meaning is what I am looking for but basically I want the caption to be
decode and written into the video frame permanently and saved as video
mpeg which is normally called "Open Caption" since you will not need any
decoder to view the captions but it cannot be turn off since it part of
the video and always will be displayed.

I will check this Mplayer's mencoder out.

Thank for replying!
Bill

For others, Closed Caption / Teletext is not the same thing as subtitle
so to let you know because I have seen posts or discussions on forums
from folks thinking both are the same thing.
Closed Caption / Teletext are saved into video line 21 (line 22 for PAL)
while the subtitle are not save anywhere in video or mpeg instead it is
saved in a completely separate file (most of the time .srt) which is
loaded by the mpeg player when you enable the subtitle