[mythtv-users] Multiple tuners, multiple video sources, How to change channels in LiveTV?

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 19:51:02 UTC 2007

Sorry for digging up such an old post, but please see my question below...

On 8/17/05, Howard Cokl <hojoloco at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Thomas Aeby <aeby at graeff.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > in my box, there are currently two tuners connected
> > to different
> > sources, therefore not providing the same channels.
> > Now, if I'm
> > watching LiveTV I have to manually change tuners via
> > "Y" in order
> > to watch channels on the other tuner card.
> >
> > Is this intended behaviour? I'd expect to just
> > choose the channel
> > number and MythTV selects a matching tuner card. I
> > intend to add
> > a few more tuners - will I have to explain my mother
> > she should just
> > press the "change tuner" button, then try if she
> > gets the channel she
> > wants, if not, change tuner again, ... no, this
> > cannot be intended, can
> > it?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any hint.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Tom
> >

> That's the way it works.  This behaviour changes in
> SVN and is much more user friendly.  In SVN you choose
> the channel in the EPG and myth automagically changes
> inputs.
>
> Howard

For the first time using Myth I now have the same situation, 5 tuner
cards, 3 on the same source, and 2 others each on different sources.
Browsing LiveTV is a real bear with having to change tuners all the
time. This is mainly because I have 2 directional OTA antennas in
order to get all the channels I need in HD.

Did this change ever make it into the mainline code? Maybe there is a
setting somewhere I'm missing that would enable this functionality?

Thanks,

Dave