[mythtv-users] Our Only Option is Schedule Direct?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Sep 20 05:02:49 UTC 2007

Rod Roark wrote:
> Mike Perkins wrote:
>> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>> What I do care about is whether some outsider might think that
>>> MythTV advocates stealing listings data because of something you
>>> or someone else may say on the list.  If so, it's likely to cause
>>> some MythTV devs to get sued, and I /do/ care whether the MythTV
>>> devs get sued.  (Where "get sued" could more generally mean
>>> anything from receiving C&D letters to having other legal issues
>>> to deal with.)
>> ...which is why, whenever anyone makes such a suggestion on this
>> list, you will *always* find a follow-up from someone like me or
>> Mike telling the poster to take his/her suggestions elsewhere.
>
> Interesting statement.  Am I reading between the lines correctly, that
> there is a "committee" of you that is cooperatively responding to
> these posts?

No. There is no committee. However I suppose we could be called a
conspiracy. Actually the 'Conspiracy to Stamp Out Discussion Of
Fraudulent Felonies, otherwise known as the 'SOD OFF' group is merely a
group of people here who appreciate what the Mythtv Devs do and have
done and do not want silly people to give even sillier people the idea
that Mythtv encourages or enables illegal breaches of the Digital
Millenium Copyright Act, since the even sillier people like to sue
people who they think have done that.

This has been discussed, ad nauseum. If you have anything to say about
screen scrapers etc. which does NOT involve breaches of the terms of
service of the site supplying the tv listings, we are all ready to here
it. In the meantime, go read the 'Free US/Canada Listings' thread in the
archives.

And in the interim, please SOD OFF.

(Another entry to the British/American english thread).

Geoff