[mythtv-users] Which tuner card to get?

Mathias Gibbens mathias.gibbens at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 21:21:16 UTC 2007

Hi list,

  I'm looking for a digital tuner card for my Linux system. This is my first
attempt at setting up TV on a computer, so thanks in advance for your
patience. I'm looking for a card that can receive digital OTA channels, both
SD and HD. I've looked at the pcHDTV 5500, and there are mixed reviews. Some
love it and others report problems receiving channels. What's worked well
for people on this list? I want to get a good, solid PCI card receiver, and
not an external one like the HDHomeRun. Thanks for your help!

Mathias

PS   I'm in the USA