[mythtv-users] Our Only Option is Schedule Direct?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 19 00:07:13 UTC 2007

On 09/18/2007 08:25 AM, Braindead wrote:
> Personally I've found a find free source, simply pull the schedule from my wifes MCE box.  I see no problem with this as I've got an extra license for Vista premium that I'm not using anyway so I've paid for two computers to get listings.

It's amazing how many free sources of listings information you can find
when you don't bother to read the license agreement/terms of service.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/evaluation/privacy/epg_tosV3.mspx
-----
The Microsoft software product identified above, which includes computer
software and may include associated media, printed materials, "online"
or electronic documentation, and Internet-based services (the "Product")
provides access to an electronic programming guide service (the "EPG").

Use of the Electronic Programming Guide Service. The EPG may only be
accessed with an authorized personal computer using the Product.
-----

Granted, that's from the Windows XP MCE EPG TOS, but I'm sure the Vista
MCE EPG TOS has similar "use with our product only" restrictions.  If
you know otherwise, please prove me wrong--I couldn't find the actual
TOS for the Vista MCE EPG, but would love a link to it.

"But I bought it..."  I know, I know.  You may have bought the elevator,
but...

So, rather than having paid for 2 computers to get listings, you've paid
for 2 Windows Vista MCE's to get listings.

Mike