[mythtv-users] Transcode One Show

Kevin Wentland mythtv-users at cheeseheads.org
Tue Sep 18 12:27:28 UTC 2007

I leave all of my recordings in MPEG2 Format because I run MVPMC which can
only play them in this format.

I am going out of town next week and traveling on this coming Sunday.  There
is a sporting event that I don't want to miss on this Sunday.

Now I would like to record the show and transcode it to a smaller file size
for me to download once I get to the hotel that Sunday night.

Is there a way to transcode only this show and possibly cut the commercials
from it for quicker download.... the show will be three hours long, so it is
going to be big initially.

Thanks in advanced.