[mythtv-users] has anyone written a script that can insert a shows info into the mythconverg database ?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Sep 17 15:55:16 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 09/16/2007 02:05 PM, Nick Gray wrote:
>> No one answered half of my previous question (my mistake for putting
>> multiple questions in a message with only one matching subject line).
>>
>> Is there already a procedure/program/script for adding a program that
>> was recorded outside of myth* to the database.
>>
>> I have a  bunch of commercials, etc that I would like to be able to
>> access via mythweb.
>>
>> If not I can write one, just didn't want to duplicate the effort.
> myth.rebuilddatabase.pl
>
> Mike

myth.rebuilddatabase.pl has one major shortcoming. If you are not
actually rebuilding the database, it will enter information about the
file into the database as you answer the questions, but myth will later
report that the file does not exist, because the database reports the
file size as zero. I have just had that happen as I am building a new
BE/FE on new hardware.

I did an 'ls -al' to find the file size and then poked it into
mythconverg. But it really requires a file-handling subroutine to do
that. I was in a hurry.

              R. Geoffrey Newbury
            Barrister and Solicitor
       Suite 106, 150 Lakeshore Road West