[mythtv-users] warnings and recommendations on my new mythtv box

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 15:27:47 UTC 2007

> I have installed perhaps 100 Seagates over the last 20 years, maybe as
> many as 200.  I have had to RMA *3*.
For me 100 to 200 drives in the last 10 years. I have had to RMA
around 20 drives and more than 1/2 were because of either infant
mortality (first 3 months) or DOA.

>There's a reason for those 5 year
> warranties, people: the drives outlast the machines you put them in.

I have RMAd a few WD 120GB drives around the 3 year mark but I do
realize that in 5 years  my 250 GB and 320 GB drives will probably not
be worth the shipping it takes to send them back but I still buy only
seagate drives now because of the 5 year warrantee.

John