[mythtv-users] No SD Update and SD Episode Numbers do notmatchprevious recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Sep 16 21:38:55 UTC 2007

On 09/15/2007 10:41 PM, Cottrell, Eric wrote:
> I am still having a problem with SD Update not running.  Fixing the
> Capture Card info did not fix this problem.
>
> Looking through the database I noticed a table called housekeeping.
> There is an entry called MythFillDB with a date of September 10, 2007.
> This is the last date I used Version 0.16.  I searched on MythFillDB and
> came across a message from 2004 about MythFillDB.sh not running due to
> no MythFillDB entry in the housekeeping table.  I searched and found no
> MythFillDB so I assume it got replaced by MythFillDatabase.
>
> I noticed there is no MythFillDatabase entry in the housekeeping table.
> Does there need to be a MythFillDatabase entry so housekeeping will run
> it?

OK, I'm totally confused about what you did and did not find, so, I hope
this is helpful.

The housekeeper still (even in SVN trunk) uses the tag "MythFillDB" to
identify the lastrun date of mythfilldatabase.  There is no
"MythFillDatabase" tag.

However, the "MythFillDB" tag is only used (by Myth) if you enable
"Automatically run mythfilldatabase".  If you're using an external
"timer" (i.e. cron) to run your MythFillDB.sh script, it won't be updated.

Mike