[mythtv-users] Understanding HD Antennas ( was HDHomeRun and jumpy video)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Sep 16 14:31:30 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 09/15/2007 11:56 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
>> You could always try hiring a local artist to make the antenna "beautiful".
>
> Perhaps some sky-blue paint (with a few wispy white clouds).  Of course,
> you'll need some gray paint for when it storms...

Many years ago we placed a microwave tower near a high-class golf
course. The property owners required us to "camouflage" it, so we hired
an outfit to do so.

They did such a good job that my partner and I drove past it twice
before we located it, and we had been there when it was erected, and so
should have known where to look.

Of course they had to come back twice a year, to switch from the
"summer" to the "winter" color scheme.

But those people wanted cable TV, and we just  passed to cost of the
paint jobs along to them.

It's like the people who don't want cellular towers in their
neighborhoods, but they are the first to gripe about "lousy coverage".

beww