[mythtv-users] Recommendations for Motherboard for Pentium Quad Core

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 22:05:17 UTC 2007

On 14/09/2006, Paul King <mythtv at lowcostpchelp.co.uk> wrote:

> Im planning to use 1 x Hauppage Nova-T500 and 3 x TT C-1500 cards

Make sure you get the 'real' Nova-T500 and not the Nova-TD 500
replacement card which may still be available in the channel and is
sold in the same box, marked as 'Diversity'. The TD-500 card is not
(and likely will never be) supported, but was a short-term solution by
Hauppauge when they were hit by component shortages.

What are you planning to do with the DVB-C cards? Are you are aware
that you cannot connect them to VirginMedia's network?

What other functions will the server serve? I'm guessing a router with
the 2 NICs? For SD recording and playback it does seem like major
overkill though - I'm running an AMD64 3000+ based server that has 3
DVB-T and a PVR-150 cards, router/firewall and NFS server which barely
breaks a sweat.

It look me a long time to find a similar specced board for AMD64 (5
PCI slots/ 2 NICs/SPDIF onboard) and I ended up with a Gigabyte
GA-K8NS Ultra-939, which has worked out great for the past 18 months
(only 1 day of downtime during house move).

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/