[mythtv-users] adding 3rd tuner, is my plan OK?

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Fri Sep 14 19:16:30 UTC 2007

Andrew Gallatin [gallatin at cs.duke.edu] wrote:
> Unfortunately, udevinfo provides no identifying information that I can
> find for my existing cards (*).  I was planning to write a script which
> uses a small C program to get the FE_GET_INFO info name ("LG
> Electronics LGDT3303 VSB/QAM Frontend" for both my existing cards) and
> create symlinks based on that. (All links in the range
> /dev/dvb/adapter[4..6] point at /dev/dvb/adaptor[0..2]).

For what it is worth, I actually ended up wanting to differentiate
between the HD5000 and the Fusion, as the Fusion seems to require less
signal strength.  Given that the HD5000 and the old nx2002 based
air2pc have unique mac addresses, it is possible to differentiate
between them by using dvbnet to look at their MAC address.  The
appended script seems to work for me..

Drew

#!/bin/bash

#
# This script will make links in /dev/dvb/adaptorN such that
# /dev/dvb/adaptor4 == dvico fusion hdtv5 gold
# /dev/dvb/adaptor5 == air2pc hd5000
# /dev/dvb/adaptor6 == air2pc airstar 2

HD5000_MAC="00:D0:D7:0E:A7:CC"
FUSION_MAC="00:00:00:00:00:00"
AIRSTAR_MAC="00:D0:D7:02:54:6F"

# remove old links
i=0
while [ $i -lt 9 ]; do
    dev="/dev/dvb/adapter"$i
    if [ -L $dev ] ; then
        rm -f $dev
    fi
    let i=i+1
done

# sort out cards

i=0
while [ $i -lt 4 ]; do
    dev="/dev/dvb/adapter"$i
    if [ -d $dev ] ; then
        dvbnet -a $i -p 1 > /dev/null 2>&1
        if `ifconfig -a | grep dvb | grep -q $FUSION_MAC` ; then
            ln -s $dev /dev/dvb/adapter4
        fi
        if `ifconfig -a | grep dvb | grep -q $HD5000_MAC` ; then
            ln -s $dev /dev/dvb/adapter5
        fi
        if `ifconfig -a | grep dvb | grep -q $AIRSTAR_MAC` ; then
            ln -s $dev /dev/dvb/adapter6
        fi
        dvbnet -a $i -d 0 > /dev/null 2>&1
    fi