[mythtv-users] [Fwd: Re: Missing channels in listings in MythWeb]

Brian Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 18:54:51 UTC 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [mythtv-users] Missing channels in listings in MythWeb
Date: 	Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:38:27 -0400
From: 	Brian Walter <amatin at comcast.net>
To: 	Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
<9b88257a0709110859q2a8a03cbhaf5c8dea0e35beca at mail.gmail.com>
<1189793080.20308.13.camel at d5110228>

Preston Crow wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 11:59 -0400, brian walter wrote:
>
>> Sorry...found it...my bad.
>>
>> It's the callsign thingy.
>>
>> On 9/11/07, Brian Walter <blwalter at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Running a relatively recent (14371) svn of myth and mythweb.  I noticed
>>> that when I go into listings (via MythWeb), a bunch of channels are
>>> missing.  They are in the channels table, myth is recording from them.
>>>
>>> Anyone else seeing this? Or am I missing something?
>>>

> I'm hitting the same thing.  By "callsign thingy" I'm guessing that
> mythweb refuses to show two channels with the same callsign.
>
> I have both ATSC and QAM channels.  One example is WBZ-DT, which is 4_1
> and 804.  When using mythfrontend, both channels show up.  When using
> mythweb, I only get 4_1.  This is a pain, because I prefer to schedule
> recordings through the QAM channel.
>
> Also, I noticed that it will only show one channel for a given number.
> According to schedulesdirect, I have four channels on 56 and two on 67;
> I assume this means it changes depending on the time of day.  I'm not
> sure how that's handled.  It would be even more confusing if I did
> broadcast NTSC and picked up the other channel 56 (different from the
> two 56s on cable).
>
> Is there a fix for this?

Yes, mythweb does not show duplicate channesl with the same call sign -
In my case (and probably yours - since we both have wbz), for instance,
I get the SciFi from directv (244?) and from comcast cable (some 2 digit
number).  Mythweb will only show the one from the cable source, since
they both have the same callsign - 'SciFi'.  I assume you can change the
call signg - SciFiCB or SciFiDTV, and get them both to appear, but, it's
not been *that* urgent of an issue for me.

In your case of of both ATSC and QAM for WBZ, I believe you can get
around that by setting the the QAM input to a higher priority ...

Brian