[mythtv-users] Kernel rollback problem

pjf at cape.com pjf at cape.com
Fri Sep 14 12:50:36 UTC 2007

Craig,

Try this,
Boot up your system with the current kernel.
edit your /boot/grub/grub.conf   and copy the working kernel section.

ADD a section BELOW the working one:
# note the LABEL= Section should be the same as your current kernel)
#  be sure the kernel and initrd are in your /boot directory
#  you may want to remove the rhgb and quiet flags to get an old fashon
text boot

title Fedora Core (2.6.20-1.2962.fc6)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.20-1.2962.fc6 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
        initrd /initrd-2.6.20-1.2962.fc6.img

Reboot

-Pete