[mythtv-users] Kernel rollback problem

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 13:26:57 UTC 2007

On 9/14/07, pjf at cape.com <pjf at cape.com> wrote:

> Craig,
>
> Try this,
> Boot up your system with the current kernel.
> edit your /boot/grub/grub.conf   and copy the working kernel section.
>
> ADD a section BELOW the working one:
> # note the LABEL= Section should be the same as your current kernel)
> #  be sure the kernel and initrd are in your /boot directory
> #  you may want to remove the rhgb and quiet flags to get an old fashon
> text boot
>
> title Fedora Core (2.6.20-1.2962.fc6)
>         root (hd0,0)
>         kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.20-1.2962.fc6 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
>         initrd /initrd-2.6.20-1.2962.fc6.img
>
> Reboot
>
> -Pete
>
> <snip>

Pete,

I'll try that shortly, but I have a few questions.

1) What makes this different than the existing section in my grub.conf for
the previous kernel version?
2) I assume you intend for me to override the default boot in the grub boot
dialog to use this added entry?
3) Removing rhgb and quiet from the kernel line only turns X off during the
boot, not after boot is complete, right?

Craig.