[mythtv-users] setting up mythweb flash player with latest svn

Inor Kuo inorkuo at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 13 19:50:25 UTC 2007

> > I've upgraded to the latest svn of mythtv and i'm trying to get the
>flash
> > player for mythweb to work but when i click the play button the preview
> > image is replaced by a black screen and nothing happens.  if i click
>play
> > again, i get the following error message.
> >
> > Error: 1000: No bitrate match
> >         at mx.controls.videoClasses::VideoPlayer/play()
> >         at mx.controls::VideoDisplay/play()
> >         at MythFlash.MFPlayer::MFPlayerControl/play()
> >
> > i am running firefox on vista with flash player 9 when i see this error.
>  if
> > i try the use mythweb's flash player on xp or on a fedora core machine,
> > don't see any error message, but nothing happens after i click play
>except
> > that the preview image turns to black.  after clicking play, should i
>see a
> > ffmpeg process spawn on the mythweb server because as far as i can tell,
>it
> > doesn't happen.  do i need to set up a user job to auto transcode
>recordings
> > before i can use the flash player in mythweb?
> >
> > i used the included mythweb.conf for apache and i password protect the
> > mythweb directory using apache's httpd.conf, the only things i changed
>were
> > the path to mythweb and the db_server.  i was not sure what to do with
>the
> > rest of the settings.  is there something i'm missing to get the flash
> > player working?
> >
> > thanks,
> > inor
>
>Inor,
>
>Do you have ffmpeg installed? It is used externally of mythtv to
>provide the video transcoding for the flashplayer. Also what is the
>source of the video you are trying to play because I don't believe
>ffmpeg supports the NuppelVideo container that mythtv uses if it
>software encodes a stream from an analog source.
>
>HTH,
>Ben

I do have ffmpeg installed from atrpms.  I the video file i have been
testing this with is an hd recording of house from fox.  the file ends in
.mpg not .nuv if that makes a difference.  I was under the impression that
installing .21 svn would enable me to auto transcode on the fly to flash
through mythweb.  i've read on the list where other are reporting that it
works for them and there is at least one other person who is experiencing
the same problem as me.  any advice would be greatly appreciated.