[mythtv-users] Simple On-the-fly record issues

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Sep 12 19:46:27 UTC 2007

On Sep 12, 2007, at 11:21 AM, mistersulu wrote:
> I've looked through the Manual and Custom recording sections
> and can't seem to find a way to simply record for one hour on the
> current
> channel without any additional intelligence on the part of MythTV.

I realize this isn't quite what you asked for, but it may be easiest
to use some other piece of software to do the recording.  If you have
a hardware MPEG-2 card, this can be as simple as selecting the right
channel with ivtvctl, then doing "cat /dev/video0 >recording.mpg".
I've used this method to digitize VHS tapes before.  Naturally you'll
need to stop mythbackend first.