[mythtv-users] Latest SVN, old problem; was Re: 0.20, mythtv-setup not getting all channels

Tony Baca cfr131 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 15:33:03 UTC 2007

On 9/11/07, Scott Walker <lkomage at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Just pinging this topic again. I just upgraded to the latest MythTV SVN,
> and switched to Schedules Direct, and noticed that the problem discussed
> here:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/240084#240084
>
> still exists. For some reason only about 10 or so out of 100+ 4DTV
> channels will be loaded with mythfilldatabase. I'm going to update XMLTV
> later, and see if I can still manually enter the channel info.

Yes, I had the same problem.

Last time I wrote a MySQL input list to enter all the channels I needed.  I
can send you the channel table from my system.  You should be able to import
that you your database and be good to go.  The only thing I think you might
need to do is change the source ID  and icon location.  This may not have
all the channelsyou need, but it will get the bulk of them.

 I can say that it saved me a lot of time instead of having to enter each
channel manually.  Do you have a good why of entering the channels?

Also, I have created a channel changing script that works great.  Assuming
you have an IR Blaster or some other way of sending IR commands; Interested?