[mythtv-users] Free US/Canada Listings

Richard Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Wed Sep 12 01:40:21 UTC 2007

R. G. Newbury wrote:
> And I'm really worried about 'getting into trouble' when I have
> never dealt with you are a client, you have never asked for assistance
> from me, and my "advice" is 'it depends'. You going to argue that you
> are going to rely on that?

That's exactly how he knew that you were a lawyer!  :)

Ask somebody a question.  If you get a straight answer they're not a
lawyer.  If they answer "it depends" they are a lawyer.  That in itself
should be grounds for relying on anything they say and having a cause of
action...  :)

And note that I nowhere said in this post that this depends on anything
- thus proving conclusively that IANAL...

But I did listen to one talk at work today in a staff meeting.  He was
asked one question.  His answer was "it depends."