[mythtv-users] Automatically delete recordings

Andreas linuxdreas at dslextreme.com
Mon Sep 10 00:30:28 UTC 2007

Le Sonntag, 9. September 2007, Chris Pinkham a écrit :
> * On Sun Sep 09, 2007 at 05:21:58AM -0700, Andreas wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > is there a way to have a script tell myth to delete a recording? I am
> > using a script for transcoding & exporting the recordings to mythvideo.
> > It would be nice to have the recording automatically deleted with all
> > the stuff that goes with it like deleting the thumbnail pics and
> > especially cleaning up the database.
>
> If you know perl, it would be easy to modify the perl bindings to add
> support for the DELETE_RECORDING and FORCE_DELETE_RECORDING backend
> commands.  Then you could have a simple perl script that sent this
> command to the backend to delete the recording you had just exported.
>
> The command format is "DELETE_RECORDING CHANID STARTTIME", so you'd send
> something like this:
>
> DELETE_RECORDING 1031 2007-09-09T21:00:00
>
> That would delete the recording made from chanid 1031 on Sunday,
> September 9th, 2007 at 9:00PM.

Chris,
Thank you very much for the answer. I am just starting to get acquainted
with python and don't know anything about perl. I did however look at the
perl bindings and found the code that takes care of sending commands to the
backend. It didn't look particularly difficult, so I think I'll try to
write my first perl script for that :).

I guess the difference between DELETE and FORCE_DELETE is that the latter
deletes unconditionally?

--
Gruß
Andreas