[mythtv-users] Automatically delete recordings

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Sep 9 22:43:41 UTC 2007

* On Sun Sep 09, 2007 at 05:21:58AM -0700, Andreas wrote:
> Hi all,
> is there a way to have a script tell myth to delete a recording? I am using
> a script for transcoding & exporting the recordings to mythvideo. It would
> be nice to have the recording automatically deleted with all the stuff that
> goes with it like deleting the thumbnail pics and especially cleaning up
> the database.

If you know perl, it would be easy to modify the perl bindings to add support
for the DELETE_RECORDING and FORCE_DELETE_RECORDING backend commands.  Then
you could have a simple perl script that sent this command to the backend to
delete the recording you had just exported.

The command format is "DELETE_RECORDING CHANID STARTTIME", so you'd send
something like this:

DELETE_RECORDING 1031 2007-09-09T21:00:00

That would delete the recording made from chanid 1031 on Sunday, September
9th, 2007 at 9:00PM.

--
Chris