[mythtv-users] A Friendly Good-Bye

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 22:49:04 UTC 2007

Your message seems sane to me. All good points. There is absolutely
nothing wrong with many choices and also to bring about debate about
issues such as SD.

I don't think you should leave the mailing list. I don't recall any of
your posts, but if this one is indicative of your style, please stay!

On 9/9/07, Robert Current <robert.current at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I'm back, for ONE post, and ONE POST ONLY...  And, I fully expect
> this post to become a total flame fest, have fun, I won't bother
> responding, I'm sure there will hardly be any NEW name calling or
> anything I haven't already heard.
> At first I thought this "kijuhty kijuhty" was interesting, had some
> info I hadn't heard.  After reading it for a couple days, two things
> bothered me.  1) What's his motive, I don't see the up side to what
> he's asking for, because I don't agree that quality data isn't worth
> paying for.  and 2) Why the hell does EVERYONE calling him by MY name,
> that's REALLY starting to piss me off.
> I left this list.  I did not get kicked off of this list.  I left
> because I felt there was no point in saying anything here, it would
> instantly get drown out by a flame fest of Schedules Direct nonsense.
> My last topic was an effort to avoid any discussion of Schedules
> Direct at all, not even about WHERE to get data, and still ended up
> being about Schedules Direct, name calling, and rampant accusations
> about illegal activities...
> So I gave up, I left.  I have better things to do with my time.
> I have no motive to take down Schedueles Direct, I wish them well...
> But I'm a bit sad for those who keep coming to this list asking for a
> "free" or "cheaper" solution, even if it is of lesser quality, who get
> pounded on for asking an honest question.
> Yes, I wrote a few private emails after I left.  Mostly because after
> I left, my name kept being used for ANYONE who was thought to oppose
> Schedules Direct.  I don't like having words put in my mouth,
> statements attributed to me that aren't mine, especially if I disagree
> with them.  Wouldn't that bother you too?
> Also, a "joke" about what might happen to me if I didn't stop WAS NOT
> FUNNY.  It honestly didn't bother me much, but a couple people pointed
> out to me that things like that can go wrong, and I shouldn't ignore
> it.  Anyway, I don't THINK it amounts to much, but who knows who read
> it, and what they were thinking.
> If you wonder what the content of my "Private Harassing Email" stuff
> is, here ya go, this is what I wrote Phil.  I wrote Phil because he
> has his panties in a bunch.  It's almost as if he is thinking everyone
> agrees with him, and only one person doesn't agree with him about
> Schedules Direct, is just me using another names...
> I've never been afraid to use my real name, I'm not doing anything
> Illegal...  But I'll talk about it all day long, you know how fast you
> COULD drive a new Porsche on the freeway?
> ----
> Phil,
> I am not "kijuhty kijuhty," I don't know your motive to continue to
> insist I am, other than maybe just to annoy me?
> Whoever "kijuhty kijuhty" is, they apparently are hoping for the
> downfall of Schedules Direct.  I wish no such thing.  I think the more
> options the better.
> I've repeatedly said I don't mind Schedules Direct existing.
> It pissed me off when people would pretend it was the only choice.  It
> pissed me of to seem them make statements about EIT not working, and
> it pissed me off that one couldn't talk about other options without
> drawing a huge flame war.  Schedules Direct  is just not the ONLY
> choice, the technology exists to gather, organize, and distribute
> lesser quality data for free.
> That's very different than wanting Schedules Direct to go away.  By
> repeatedly insisting that it's me that wants Schedules Direct to go
> away bothers me.  For a very simple reason...  I'm the one that was
> trying to find more ease of use for MORE options.
> I ran into resistance by people who keep trying to make it a simple
> "all this, or all that, can't have both" fight.  I gave up, and I'll
> tell you this, it sounds like your arguing with an idiot that you
> shouldn't even be acknowledging.
> Ask yourself this, what the hell is his motive?  Mine was more
> options.  Yours is to defend a data source.  Both of those make SOME
> sense to me.
> His is to take down some organization he doesn't like?  That's
> something to stupid to even respond to...
> "And stop harassing me via private email, as well."
> I'll do that the very moment you stop mentioning my name on a public
> list that I'm not even subscribed to....  Deal?
> ----
> There ya go, flame away... I'm outa' here.  Have fun!  I wish you all
> the best, many people here ARE very helpful...
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users

brad fuller
 +1 (408) 335-0112

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list