[mythtv-users] Written proof that we've all been conned about SD

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 11:11:44 UTC 2007

On 9/9/07, kijuhty kijuhty <kijuhty at gmail.com> wrote:
> How does your foot taste Phil?
>

> >> Phil: If you don't like the product, DON'T USE IT.
>
> Myth was promoted from day 1 as being a "free" solution, and many of us
> actively contributed to support it for that reason.  Now some myth devs want
> to take our contributions and make it a for-profit venture that benefits
> only a few, ban any discussions that might lead to it again being a "free
> solution" and saying "If you don't like the product [now that it's not
> free], DON'T USE IT."  You miss the whole point of the FOSS movement.  It's
> about a mutual commitment.  We all make a pledge to contribute to keep it
> free, and so when a few of the developers decide to pull the rug out and
> make it a non-free solution, that's a violation of that trust, particularly
> since it's clear they had options for keeping it free.

No, you miss the point, as you have with every single post you've
made.  Who says you have to use it?  Who says you have to *pay* to use
it, even?  BTW, you never answered my question about which code *you*
contributed.  You must have, since you took a "pledge", right?  Take
your entitled foot out of *your* mouth, Robert, and grow up.  And stop
harassing me via private email, as well.

I'm done arguing with children.  Don't worry about responding to me,
because I can't read emails that have been deleted.