[mythtv-users] Mythdora Boots with a Blue Screen

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Sep 9 02:41:17 UTC 2007

Jonathan Seawright wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I built a mythdora machine a few months ago... it has been working
> utterly flawlessly for the past month or two. I had it folding proteins
> on folding at home <mailto:folding at home>, acting as a music server,
> recording HD, etc...
>
> I returned to it today to find that it is at a screen with well... a
> blue background... I have a mouse, but I dont see any gnome interfaces
> whatsoever.... I couldn't have been hacked could I?
>
> What is the best route for troubleshooting this? I took a look at the
> logs in /var/mail/ and nothing major showed up.... Just the usual mythtv
> stuff.

Uh, the obvious?

Tried re-booting?

I'm not sure I'd run folding at home (or work, or school) on a Myth box.
I'd eliminate the possibility that was the cause of your problems and
not Myth.

Do you get the blue screen in text mode while booting? (eliminating
possible monitor/ video card problems).

How did yo look at the logs? Remote login? What does it show as far as
status of your X system?

Do non-Myth programs rn OK? Does your desktop look OK ?

Just a couple of quick thoughts.

beww