[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 12:51:52 UTC 2007

On 9/7/07, Johan Venter <mythtv at vulturest.com> wrote:

> I don't know what all the fuss is about, I've written and maintained
> queries *much* larger than that before - and I'm not exaggerating nor
> trying to boast.
>
> I used to work under a developer who decided it would be a grand idea to
> have *all* of the business logic for the application we were working on
> enforced in the SQL queries/stored procedures. I have debugged queries
> that span *pages* :)

I used to work in support for one of the major database products, and
I have to agree, this isn't as bad as, say, some of the queries SAP
spits out. At least with the BUSQ the table and column names are
meaningful. :)

The SAP queries aren't *meant* to be read or debugged by a human, as I
understand it. Makes it lots of fun when you DO have to try to make
sense of page after page of text that looks like it was banged out by
a monkey :)

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-sputumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent