[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

Gareth Glaccum gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Thu Sep 6 06:33:13 UTC 2007

From: "crs23"
>Yep, I'm still here.  I applied your patch and ran it.  Unfortunately, I'm
>still getting about 30 seconds.  Thanks for trying.  With various
>defragmentations and my.cnf adjustments and running optimize on the DB I
>appear to be down from 36 seconds to 30 seconds, but that's really not good
>enough.  As I mentioned in another post in this thread I think I'll just
>have to remove rows from recordmatch.  I also pointed out that this SELECT
>should be considered a serious bug in MythTV.

Hi crs, what speed is the processor in your machine (and what type etc.), as
my previous email showed, my old Athlon 2GHz (single core), with the
database running on a single SATA hard disk, could do ~15000 rows in ~14-15
sec, around 1000 rows a second, your data points are ~3000 rows in 30 sec,
around 100 rows a second. We should try and determine what could make your
database run at only 10% of the speed before throwing away rows.
What was the OS, and did the mysql come as a pre-compiled package (I have
had issues with mysql before when compiled from source).
Gareth