[mythtv-users] svn mythweather having trouble probing scripts

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 05:21:37 UTC 2007

On 9/7/07, Jack Perveiler <perveilerj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interestingly enough, if I do this:
>
> /usr/bin/perl -e "print qq(@INC)" then I get this as my include path:
>
> /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8
> /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.7
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7 .
>
> It's the same as the path in the error message, with one big exception: it
> includes the trailing "." directory whereas the error message does not.
>
> If i modify a given script to add "-I." then things work again.
>
> So...
>
> what's the deal with the perl include path being different?  The path is
> different whether or not I execute it myself or it's launched with
> QProcess::start().  Is this just a red herring?  I confess I don't know much
> about how perl ( v5.8.8, in my case) forms it's include path.

It's possible that your copy of perl is somehow enabling tainting
checks before it runs.  Running perl with the '-T' switch enables
tainting checks.  These checks are usually used for security reasons,
and one effect is to remove the current directory from the include
path.

I'm not much of an expert either.  Maybe something at
http://perldoc.perl.org/perlsec.html will help.

Is mythfrontend or the mythweather plugin set to run with setuid or setgid?

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com