[mythtv-users] How do I customize the mythtv menu?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 6 22:58:07 UTC 2007

On 09/06/2007 06:34 PM, Gary Raposo wrote:
> How about themes that don't seem to have a mainmenu.xml?  I've been
> wanting to modify the blootube-wide theme but it's not obvious (to me
> at least) what .xml file I should be editing.

blootube-wide is a Theme (i.e., for all practical purposes, a "UI" look
and feel theme--describes the graphics and colors).  Also, blootube,
blootubelite-wide, blue, G.A.N.T. (in trunk G.A.N.T because of a certain
incompetent filesystem), Iulius, MePo-wide, Minimalist-wide, MythCenter,
MythCenter-wide, neone-wide, ProjectGrayhem, ProjectGrayhem-wide, Retro,
Titivillus.  Requirements: has ui.xml

DVR, Default, and classic are Menu Themes that put buttons on pages of
the UI.  Requirements: has mainmenu.xml

blootube-osd, blueosd, default-osd, Gray-OSD, isthmus, Iulius-OSD,
MePo-wide ProjectGrayhem-OSD, Retro-OSD, Titivillus-OSD are all OSD
Themes (used to define what the on-screen display looks like during
playback).  Requirements: has osd.xml

Yes.  MePo-wide is both a Theme and an OSD Theme in the same directory
(i.e. there exists both a ui.xml and an osd.xml in the directory).  It
used to have a Menu Theme in the same directory, but it is no longer
needed, so the author removed it.

Mike