[mythtv-users] Prefer recording at night

Fred Firestine ffluvssg1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 19:05:23 UTC 2007

On 9/6/07, Lan Barnes <lan at falleagle.net> wrote:

> On Wed, September 5, 2007 3:52 pm, Guillaume Filion wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a new mythtv setup connected to a single tuner, that means that I
> > can't watch live TV when it's recording. I'd like to know if it's
> > possible to tell the scheduler to record programs at night when a show
> > airs more than one time in the schedule.
> >
> > Right now, I overwrite the scheduler's programming in mythweb, but I'd
> > like it to be automatic.
> >
> > Thanks a lot,
> > GFK's
> >

> I can't answer your Q, but I may remark that life begins with the second
> tuner card. PVR-150s can be had on ebay at a buy-it-now around $35.
> Downside is people say that analog is going away (I'm skeptical because
> backward compatability is something joe sixpacks gets and will demand).
>
> Hope my post isn't too much of a tangent.
>
> --
> Lan Barnes
>
> SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
> Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer

I will hold on to my PVR-350 (and its dreaded TV Out) and PVR-150
until they pry them out of my cold, dead... Well, not really, but I am
happy enough with analog cable for now. There's certainly plenty to
watch, and I don't need any of the premium channels requiring set-top
boxes, etc. I know that my provider (Cablevision, Long Island, NY) is
not adding new channels to this service in order to encourage the
swtich to digital cable. Oh well. For now I will stick with what I've
got, record two shows at once on any channel, and watch the shows I
can't get by putting the DVDs on my Netflix queue.

Regarding your question, I think you're right that the only way to
avoid recording at the wrong time is to disable the earlier recording.