[mythtv-users] tv guide line-up free

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 04:11:59 UTC 2007

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com

> ---snip---
>

> > If you read carefully what was said, there are people reading this
> > that didn't understand how any of this works. They were intimidated
> > and scared and seemed to believe that unless they paid $15 their
> > MythTV system wouldn't record their favorite weekly shows. Then
> > thanking Schedules Direct for the ability to record lots of shows and
> > not have to schedule recordings manually.
>
> Oh, you're makin that up.  Citations, please.
>
> ---snip---
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra

Sorry, I didn't mean to delete Jay R. Ashworth's name from my
response.  Just to be clear, Jay R. Ashworth's the one that keeps
saying read the archives to me, but then wouldn't do it himself and
demanded a citation, while never once providing one himself.

Just to be clear…

Can we agree now that this is unproductive trolling?  Or should I go
through the archives beyond today to show the other times users were
confused about what functionality was part of MythTV using any listing
data, thinking Schedules Direct actually provides functions to MythTV,
not just a data source for listing data?

I'm sure I can find examples of this in several discussions of
Schedules Direct.  I know that for a fact, because it was when I saw
it weeks ago that I got turned off on the Schedules Direct project.

All I was interested in doing was providing clarification of what part
of the system did what, acknowledging the truth that other data
sources exist, and discussions about how those other data systems
might be used.

Schedules Direct has critics.  Like it or not, people have had issues
with Schedules Direct for many reasons.  It costs money.  It's US
only, not a universal solution.  It went right to the hand that cut
data off for more data.  It was very secretive during it's formation
and beta phase, not explaining if there ever WAS code to be open
source, or it was just a data for dollars deal they were working out.
Do I really need to bring up all the reasons?

All those critics must have jaded those involved.  I say that now,
because any time the topic of listing data comes up, people start to
defend Schedules Direct even if they aren't mentioned!  I find that
really annoying.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.