[mythtv-users] tv guide line-up free

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Sep 5 23:02:10 UTC 2007

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 07:51:05PM -0700, Robert Current wrote:
> Any time anyone here asks about alternatives to Schedules Direct,
> someone points out options, and immediately gets flamed for it.

You continue to *imply* that those are direct, drop-in replacements,
even only licensingwise, for SD.  And there is no clear proof that
that's true.

*That* is what people are jumping up and down about.

> I don't need Direct Data.  Apparently those who do are at the mercy of
> Schedule Direct trolls.  People who turn any comment or pointer into
> an argument.  People who won't let any other discussion happen without
> trashing the person who suggests anything else.

Oh, horse shit.

> Why is this even an argument.  Someone asked if there was other data,
> and anyone who answers that question honestly gets flamed?

I don't think you're actually being dishonest.  I think you just don't
especailly care whether or not the data provider wants done what you're
suggesting, and when other people point out that it *might* be a
problem; you freak.

Your choice.

Cheers,
-- jra