[mythtv-users] Nvidia 6200 S-Video gives a Black and White picture.

Michael Jones mythlist at michaelandholly.com
Wed Sep 5 08:07:18 UTC 2007

On Sep 5, 2007, at 12:57 AM, David Watkins wrote:

> On 05/09/07, Michael Jones <mythlist at michaelandholly.com> wrote:
>> Well.. This time I guess the computer wins the battle... for now.
>> The war still wages on.
>
> Black and white is an occupational hazard with S-Video( and
> Composite).  From my experience it *might* be:
>
> 1.Your computer putting out Composite when your reciever (TV) expects
> S-Video (xorg error)

Tried both options for "COMPOSITE" and "SVIDEO".. when I try
composite I get a black screen

> 2. Your computer putting out S-Video when your TV expects composite
> (TV configuration error)

Don't think my TV is smart enough to be able to configure the port as
to "what am i expecting here.. hmm.. what flavor is it" ;-) At least
not that I can find.

> 3.  Incorrect cable.  With configurable SCART connectors, combiners
> and splitters it possible to lose the colour signal along the way.

The same cable works beautifully on the "old" system.
> 4.  Damaged S-Video connector.  Those little pins are easy to bend.

See #3.. unless of course there could be something wrong on the card
end of the connetion?  Doubtful though.

> 5.  Computer putting out NTSC when the TV expects PAL (hardware or
> xorg error)

I didn't try that.. but I'm here in the US so not likely.. besides..
it works with the "old" system just beautifully.