[mythtv-users] Problem auto-finding xmltvid's with QAM, channel scan

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 04:34:20 UTC 2007

On 9/4/07, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/4/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> > On 09/04/2007 10:31 PM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> > > On 9/4/07, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > What signals mfdb not to add channels you've removed back into the database?
> >
> > --remove-new-channels
> >
> > See http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-24.html#ss24.4 for far more details.
> >
> > See mythfilldatabase --help
>
> I saw --remove-new-channels in the myth docs, so I read the mfdb help,
> where it says its function is to remove new channels (those not in the
> DB) from the DD lineup.  When I read that, it sounds like that's not
> what I want - I don't want those channels removed from DD, since some
> of my lineups use them.
>
> Are you saying that what it actually does (or in addition to the
> above) is not add channels to the MYSQL database?  That information is
> absent from both those places.  mfdb help does mention new channels
> being removed from dvb and htdv sources, but that's not my situation.
>
> > Though you really need to get your lineup straightened out. (I'm
> > thinking you were the one who mentioned issues getting the right
> > channels in the SD lineup.)
>
> And how.  Yes, I'm the one who mentioned the lineup problems.  I
> managed to get all the channels I wanted in the myth db, and I have a
> saved snapshot of my db at that point, so I can restore it and try
> mfdb --remove-new-channels.
>
> Ok, hold on.....hmmm, that _seemed_ to work.  Perhaps the help text
> should be updated.  If it keeps working, then my only problem is
> getting those QAM channels to get the correct info in them.

I find that manually adding the xmltvid and/or the callsign, then
running mfdb --remove-new-channels causes the program data to be
populated for the channel.  So basically I just have to manually set
channum, callsign, name, and xmltvid for all my QAM channels (and
chanid's, optionally) and then run mfdb.

I'm guessing there must be an automatic way to do this, but either I
have an odd setup that it doesn't work for or I'm missing some crucial
step.

-Jerry