[mythtv-users] Problem auto-finding xmltvid's with QAM, channel scan

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 02:13:16 UTC 2007

On 9/4/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 09/03/2007 11:52 PM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> > Using an Avermedia A180 and Verizon FIOS QAM, I did a channel scan in
> > 0.20.2, and then a Fetch.  From what I read, it sounded like this was
> > supposed to fill in the xmltvid's, but it did not.  What should I
> > check that might have been set incorrectly?  Or is it possibly a bug?
> Not a bug (in Myth).  Probably your cable company doesn't include enough
> information in the channels to link them up with data from SD.  That
> means you'll have to manually provide the information using the channel
> editor.  If you set Myth channel callsigns to match those in the SD
> data, Fetch will probably fill in xlmtvid's for you.

No dice.  I tried putting in callsigns for some, but Fetch did
nothing.  I also tried putting in xmltvid's for some, and Fetch still
did nothing.  I tried watching live, hitting E, and then hitting the
Probe button (both for ones where I'd entered call signs and ones
where I'd entered xmltvids), still nothing.