[mythtv-users] Problem auto-finding xmltvid's with QAM, channel scan

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 4 09:02:39 UTC 2007

On 09/03/2007 11:52 PM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> Using an Avermedia A180 and Verizon FIOS QAM, I did a channel scan in
> 0.20.2, and then a Fetch.  From what I read, it sounded like this was
> supposed to fill in the xmltvid's, but it did not.  What should I
> check that might have been set incorrectly?  Or is it possibly a bug?

Not a bug (in Myth).  Probably your cable company doesn't include enough
information in the channels to link them up with data from SD.  That
means you'll have to manually provide the information using the channel
editor.  If you set Myth channel callsigns to match those in the SD
data, Fetch will probably fill in xlmtvid's for you.

Mike