[mythtv-users] XFS: options when running mkfs.xfs

Andrew Burgess aab at cichlid.com
Tue Sep 4 23:19:41 UTC 2007

I'm not finding much information on good command line
options for mkfs.xfs for video files. Did anyone figure
this out or is everyone just using the defaults?

The only mention in the archives was -d agsize=4g
but oddly when I don't specify the agsize the default
gives me 44g. Whatever that means, the manpage is
a little cryptic...

I know to specify fewer inodes on an ext3 fs but
they seem to be dynamically allocated on xfs.

Thanks for any help
Andrew