[mythtv-users] XBMC port to Linux and Mythtv

Steve MacLaren scram69 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 19:32:48 UTC 2007

On 9/3/07, kanetse at gmail.com <kane.tse at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/27/07, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I mentioned, but it's not a great dedicated front end. From what I've
> heard,
> > and you probably know this better than myself, running Myth on Xebian on
> the
> > machine is slow as heck.
> >

> I'm just curious to know how people define slow for MythTV on the
> XBox.  I just did a clean install of Xebian 1.1.4 and MythTV-0.20.2
> today

I've just given this a try for the first time earlier today.  However,
mythfrontend wont start on the Xbox.  I'm still getting the  "Client does
not support authentication protocol requested by server" error, even though
I've followed the directions here:
http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Xebian_HOWTO#Install_MythTV
regarding changing the mysql password to the "old style".

Any ideas on why the Xbox frontend can't connect to the DB?