[mythtv-users] Desktop Logout when exiting MythFrontend

Remco Treffkorn remco at rvt.com
Mon Sep 3 16:40:29 UTC 2007

On Monday 03 September 2007, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 09/03/2007 10:36 AM, David Vasquez wrote:
> > I just upgraded from FC5 to FC7 and Myth 20.0 to 20.2.
> >
> > All is back working as it should except that now, when
> > I exit Mythfrontend, it automatically logs me out of
> > my KDE desktop.  Before the upgrade, it would exit the
> > Mythfrontend and then bring me to the KDE desktop.
> >
> > I tried changing the 'Halt Command' from halt to
> > nothing but that didn't seem to so anything.  I'm not
> > sure if it was my Fedora upgrade or Myth upgrade which
> > did it.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> Change the script you're using to start your X session or whatever
> (~/.Xsession or ~/.xinitrc or ...) and that's also starting mythfrontend
> so that it waits on the window manager, not on mythfrontend.  The
> behavior isn't caused by Myth or by any Myth settings.  It's just that X
> is being told to run until mythfrontend finishes.

That's certainly one thing that can cause it, but he said it was fine before
the upgrade. Notice that he mentions the KDE desktop.

Maybe he sees what I am seeing: Mythfrontend crashes the X server on
termination. This is with the proprietary nvidia driver from Atrpms.

Oh, and the xsession is a standard kdm login session. I start the fe after
login by clicking on an icon ;-)

Remco Treffkorn (RT445)
remco at rvt.com   (831) 685-1201