[mythtv-users] Resetting Channels

Rob Dege livemotion at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 15:59:02 UTC 2007

Hi Mike,

I believe I have resolved the problem.  First let me say that I did follow
your suggestions of deleting all video sources, and recreating them from
within mythtv-setup.  This fixed all of my issues, except for the Upcoming
Recordings.  It fixed the channel issues in the same way that
--do-channel-update from mythfilldatabase did.

The problem with the Upcoming recordings was a little more difficult to
resolve.  If I deleted an entry from the recording schedule, and recreated
it (verbatim on the mythweb page), the entry would then display in the
upcoming recordings section.  So I took a backup of the database, removed
and recreated an entry in Scheduled recordings, then took another backup of
the database.