[mythtv-users] Mythcommflag --video - trying to add seek to mythvideos

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Sat Sep 1 04:08:46 UTC 2007

Mike LaPlante wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 08/31/2007 03:53 PM, Mike LaPlante wrote:
>>

>>> I'm attempting to make the switch to Mythvideo's internal player for
>>> viewing videos. But when I fast forward or rewind I get audio buffer
>>> overflow errors. After some archive searching I found a suggestion that
>>> said to run mythcommflag --video on video files so that a seek table
>>> could be inserted into the DB.
>>>

>>  Make sure you enable "Extra audio
>> buffering" in mythfrontend's General playback settings.
>>
>> Mike
>>

> Will do when I get home later.
> Thanks
> Mike

Turns out that option was already enabled. I tried enabling Aggressive
Audio something or other as well under the General Setup. That didn't
help. This is what the mythfrontend output looks like on said audio
buffering errors.
2007-08-31 20:46:13.900 NVP::AddAudioData():p1: Audio buffer overflow,
audio data lost!
2007-08-31 20:46:13.903 NVP::AddAudioData():p1: Audio buffer overflow,
audio data lost!
2007-08-31 20:46:13.904 NVP::AddAudioData():p1: Audio buffer overflow,
audio data lost!

This happens on both the backend and remote frontend. If it were just
the frontend I might look into network issues, but I think if the
network was too slow video would be more of a problem than audio. I'll
keep playing with this over the weekend.

Thanks
Mike