[mythtv-users] MythTV and HD question

Steve MacLaren scram69 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 03:54:23 UTC 2007

On 8/31/07, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/31/07, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote
> > Brad: if you live in SF, you may want to consider getting cable from a
> > non-Comcast provider.  I am able to get full firewire output for ALL
> > my channels using the competitor.
> I live in the SBay. How do you receive cable from another provider? I
> didn't know you could do that.
> brad
> I'm pretty sure he's referring to SF proper.  I live in the east bay, far
enough away to make OTA a real challenge, and commucast is the only
provider.  So much for anti-trust laws.  They put the 5c flag on everything
they possibly can, but for the minimum fee (~$14/month) I still get all of
the networks HD, plus all of the digital and HD PBS stations.  And for
everything else... well there's always... (rhymes with pit laurent)

"It's easy enough to name those who would piss themselves with joy over the
prospect of a One World corporate state, with billions of people begging to
work for their 1,500 calories a day and an xBox chip in their necks."