[mythtv-users] MythTV and HD question

Steve MacLaren scram69 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 03:54:23 UTC 2007

On 8/31/07, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/31/07, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote
> > Brad: if you live in SF, you may want to consider getting cable from a
> > non-Comcast provider.  I am able to get full firewire output for ALL
> > my channels using the competitor.
>
> I live in the SBay. How do you receive cable from another provider? I
> didn't know you could do that.
>
> brad
>
> I'm pretty sure he's referring to SF proper.  I live in the east bay, far
enough away to make OTA a real challenge, and commucast is the only
provider.  So much for anti-trust laws.  They put the 5c flag on everything
they possibly can, but for the minimum fee (~$14/month) I still get all of
the networks HD, plus all of the digital and HD PBS stations.  And for
everything else... well there's always... (rhymes with pit laurent)

--
"It's easy enough to name those who would piss themselves with joy over the